Our pre-construction process sets the tone for the rest of the project.
Our expertise and experience with planning boards, budget estimates,
conceptual design and more goes a long way in making the project run
as smoothly as possible. Good planning on the front end provides all
of us with great benchmarks for success during construction.
At Sullivan Construction, you can expect:
- Assistance with planning board approvals/building permits
- Budget estimates
- Conceptual design
- Computerized estimating
- Computerized job costing
- Computerized scheduling
- Space planning
- Value engineering
- Sustainable technologies
Further, pre-construction services include:
- Creating and monitoring the planning schedule showing key milestones (schematic design to final Guaranteed Maximum Price, interior planning, planning board submissions and approvals, etc.) and a detailed report to the owner of the impact of milestones on the overall project schedule
- Coordination of Civil, Architectural and Structural design
- Consultant coordination on sustainable materials and energy options
- Cost estimating at 35%, 65% and at FGMP budgets (85% documents)
Upon completion of design documents to a level not less than 80% complete, all subcontractors, material, and general conditions costs in excess of $5,000 are competitively bid, summarized, and presented to the owner for review. These costs are then used to determine the guaranteed maximum price for the project. This is the basis for the final contract amount under Phase II.